Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Three Muses - Nature

I created my card with a technique learned from Jan D. (A Journey is her blog) that she shared a year or two ago. Started with smearing my paper with gel medium then applying a napkin. Next, more gel medium over it. Once it was dried, I painted red acrylic paint over it quickly, and wiped most of it off. Dried it again. Then, schmeered (lightly!) over it with turquoise acrylic. And there's a great background. Thank You, Jan!!!! I did smear a bit of gold ink over it here and there. I also applied the turquoise heavily to the edges, so you can actually see a roll of it. I used some forest images, a bit of lace, and a butterfly and here's my card. Thanks for looking!

21 comments:

Lori Saul said...

This is autumnal heaven Lynn! I love working with decorative napkins- they make for such rich backgrounds like this one. Beautiful, beautiful nature entry!

Judy said...

Lori has said everything for me, Lynn, beautiful autumnal colours, thanks for sharing the process of creating your lovely art!

Unknown said...

oh these cute animals are adorable!!! wonderful piece!!!

Yvonne said...

That background is just PERFECT! Gorgeous, Lynn!

johanna said...

wonderful card! the colors are perfectly autumn!

Willy said...

What a wonderful autumn piece, Lynn!

Junibears said...

This is so very pretty. Gorgeous background and made such a lovely card. xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic autumn themed card.

~*~Patty S said...

Great results Lynn, your background is so rich and perfect for your nature landscape! Love it!
oxo

indybev said...

Wonderful background (and thanks for the tutorial!), and great nature images. Beautifully done!

Taluula said...

Oh wow, the background is stunning and what a wonderful Autumnal piece you have created. A standing ovation from my corner my friend.

Deann said...

Excellent wonderful art...just beautful Lynn.

Astrid Maclean said...

What a wonderful card and thanks for sharing your background technique!

Netty said...

Gorgeous colours. Annette x

Coffee Messiah said...

Nice....I'm trying to figure out the gel medium now myself.

Cheers!

Vicky said...

this is stunning Lynn. what a beautiful card :) love the nature theme .and you did a great job with the napkin background.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh i love your nature card its beautiful. Truly brilliant colour in this natural piece
hugs June xx

Jester said...

Your background is gorgeous, Lynn - the napkin technique really worked.

Ozstuff said...

How could I not love this, Lynn. You have featured a fellow Aussie!! Your card is beautiful and I really appreciated being taken on the journey from start to finish. The actual textures must be fantastic.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great design!

Femmy said...

just fantastic!!!