Sunday, August 8, 2010

Gothic Arches - Crowns

I am trying to get back into the swing of things. The last few days in Chicago were brutal...mom's basement flooded and the little kitchen apartment suffered the most damage. Mold ran rampant (she couldn't get down the stairs, good thing!) So, my kids and I ran around a lot (her fridge also bit the dust, got a new one delivered and then restocked it as she lost all her food, too!) I have a friend who works as a Visiting Angel and he's going to be looking out for mom until - if (big if) - I can get her to move here. So, sorry to be so long-winded, but I'm just plum worn out and haven't really been able to do much art. I find myself just thumbing through papers and images, and doing it again, much to my dismay! Made myself do this arch. Hope I snap out of this tiredness! But, that's what happens when you get old...the spirit is willing, but the body, oy va!

14 comments:

Yvonne said...

Oh, Lynn, this is soooo sweet!

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful arch, as is the rest of your artwork.

I hope that things get less stressful for you and good luck with your mom.

Amy said...

oh how cute is this little sweetie! love the mushrooms and cute bird. Thanks for joining me in making art over at gothic arches

Martina said...

Hi Lynn,
how incredibly gorgeous this arch is, i love the beautiful soft colours and the lovely image! So cute!!!

Sandie R said...

Looks like your muse was working when you did this. What a sweet little princess you've created. Hope the stress level calms down a bit.

Jann said...

Your arch is sweet and lovely!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
This is adorable! Love those toad stools. Have a great day!

Sherrie
My Journal
http://sherriesjournal.blogspot.com/2010/08/gothic-arches.html

EraserQueen said...

Aw, how precious! Love your blog!

Effie said...

That's just so cute!

Evelyn S. said...

So sorry about all the troubles your mom is going through! I'm sure it's a terrible weight on you...physically and emotionally. Your little girl arch is just precious!

ALTERED ARTIFACTS said...

Beautiful little fairy princess ... you can tell she really rules the forest too!
Inka :))

Lynn Stevens said...

Just so precious! She is so darling, well done!

~*~Patty S said...

You have a lot on your plate, hope things get easier Lynn.
Missed you, glad you're back!
Your arch is just so precious and the words are super as well
oxo

Anonymous said...

An adorable princess, so sweet !I love your interpretation, so beautiful !