Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sunday Postcard Art - Mirror

Had a bit of excitement (of the not fun variety) tonight as I was about to get started on my card. It seems a baby black snake found its way into my house and my son spotted it in the dining room. He promptly called animal control, thinking it a copperhead or worse! It started to move toward the heat register, and animal control didn't know when they'd get here, so my Dyson vacuum was handy...yup, you guessed it, we managed to suck up the little fellow into the vacuum! Took it outside and emptied it into a deep box. Animal control pulled up then and assured my son that it was harmless. Poor son...he was really upset! Can you tell we're not snake people? Nope...and this evening didn't help.

Anyway, here's my "Beauty...The mirror never lies" - thank goodness the theme wasn't snakes!!!

20 comments:

peggy gatto said...

dreamy and so soft!!!

Kris Dickinson said...

So very beautiful! Great postcard!

Judy said...

Beautiful card, Lyn! Your snake story was quite scary, luckily we don't have them here in NZ!

johanna said...

your card looks really awesome! i wonder how you could create in such upset mood... i would have been out of my mind for hours...

Willy said...

What a beauty, Lynn.

Martina said...

Stunning interpretation of the theme, Lynn! Splendid card!

Anonymous said...

great piece - and wonderful vintage pic!

Mandy Chilvers said...

really beautiful

Julia said...

Such a romantic and beautiful piece of art!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic postcard.

indybev said...

Ohmygosh! I'd never sleep again! After the snake experience, I can't imagine how you managed to create such a lovely card! Ya done good!

yasmindeboo said...

A lovely postcard.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh after the snake experience, I would have had to be in a hospital from shock!! I can't believe you created this beautiful piece after all that! It is so serene--I don't know how you did it! Way to go, girl!
Beautiful work!

Taluula said...

A wonderfully elegant piece Lyn. I'd have a heart attack if a snake found it's way into my house!

Sandie R said...

Snakes!!! Sandie has left the building. LOL After that excitement Lynn you have created a most beautiful Postcard.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

This is gorgeous. Beautiful imagery and wonderfully presented.

Amy said...

so pretty

Cindy McMath said...

Beautiful card Lynn! Love your colours.

Cindy :)

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous postcard, Lynn!

Ozstuff said...

Lyn, your mirror image is exquisite. Absolutely beautiful and perfect in every way. Take a bow!!