Friday, May 7, 2010

ACF #73

The challenge at Art Creations Friday #73 is a lovely, vintage photo of a boy and girl. Some see them as brother and sister...well, that may be, but when I saw the picture for the first time, I remembered my cousin Paul and Barb. When they were little (back in the 50s) their mom wanted them to be musical. Paul learned the accordian, (think Lawrence Welk influence!!!), can't remember if Barb took music lessons other than dance. And there comes the memory. Cousin Paul was her dance partner. I remember walking in the house once, hearing waltz music playing and there were Paul and Barb getting ready to "cut a rug". I think their ages were close to our two young children in this photo. I can't believe I remember that...but thanks to the photo, it came back as a sweet recollection.

So, to create this, I painted a canvas paper with acrylics and glued on a strip of music tissue paper. Then I clear embossed some flower stamps and brushed over the embossed stamps with Golden violet interference paint, swiped it off with a baby wipe. Next I applied the photo of the children and scumbled some violet paint at the edges. So, thanks ACF for the wonderful memory of my cousins. And thank you for visiting!

9 comments:

Yvonne said...

Love the colour here, Lynn!

Yvonne said...

Wonderful work, so creative!

Isabelle Norris said...

love the background you made on the canvas!! beautiful work
thanks for popping on my blog ;)
it's cool to meet new "faces"
isa

Hermine said...

Its beautiful

Sandy said...

Gosh this is delightful.
Fantastic card Lynn.

Jester said...

A beautiful background, Lynn!

vintage wil said...

Beautiful creation!!!

Femmy said...

what a gorgeous background!! and i love the colours!!

Sandie R said...

Isn't wonderful when images create such pleasant memories. Love this ATC and the great background.