Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Three Muses - Ancestors

My ancestors aren't so far removed - they're my dad and uncle. My dad is on your left hand side, the boy with all the hair (yes, my hair looked like that when I was a kid, much to my chagrin!) My dad was a twin, but his twin Florian, died before his first birthday. My grandparents owned a tavern in Chicago. My gram cooked there...she was an awesome cook. My gramps was the bartender owner, so the boys were on their own a lot, although they lived upstairs. I gently colored a copy of the photo with watercolors and present it as my answer to the challenge.

11 comments:

Yvonne said...

awww, what cuties, Lynn!

Kaylene said...

Well done, what a lovely story.

LivArtNow said...

They are so sweet :) Love the story too :) Thanks for sharing!!
hugs and smiles,
Linda

indybev said...

What a treasure! They look as if they could stir up a bit of mischief. Thanks so much for sharing them and a bit of their story. I have found it so interesting this week to hear the family stories!

Kristin said...

Lynn, what a beautiful memory and project. I remember my Grandmothers both being excellent cooks, one Italian and one Scottish. Thx for stopping by my blog and the lovely comments, much appreciated :) Your work here is Outstanding and Inspiring, please keep in touch.

Faye said...

Wonderful picture, Lynn! What a head of hair your dad had! Loved your story about your family.

Sandie R said...

Great story to go with your Ancestors. Love your creation.

Taluula said...

I wonder what adventures they had in those upstairs rooms! We'll never know but they do look like little angels here. A treasure Lynn.

Lisa Somerville said...

Love that photo, it woudl make a fab stamp!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Oh they look so cute but I bet they were little devils, nice colouring . Marie

Ozstuff said...

Hi Lynn - I was missing in action for two or three weeks and I am only just catching up on my commenting. (My daughter was ill and I had to take over looking after her girls, 12 and 3. This included all the things I like to forget - taking kids to and from school for example!)
I love your Ancestors piece - and the story that goes with it.