Tuesday, September 21, 2010

3 Muses - Envelope Updated!

My envelope is 5x5, and hard to see...it's a very light and I've tried scanning a few times and can't get it better. I used a script stamp and stamped it with milled lavender. The wildflowers are done with hippo gray (ColorBox) and Jet Black (StazOn). I might try to "punch" it up later, but sometimes monkeying around makes matters worse...so...we'll see! In the meantime, thanks for looking! OK, I took June's suggestion and added some light watercolors, pink, purple and green...and they still don't show up well (except for the green). Since I have a heavy hand and the actual envie is darker, I'm not going to take it further. Thanks, June, more color makes an improvement!

18 comments:

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Beautiful envelope!

Junibears said...

Your envelope is so pretty Lynn! Perhaps it would have shown up a bit better if you'd made the background a pastel colour. Just a thought,
Lovely work. Hugs xx

LynnF said...

You are right, June...going to try to "beef" it up. Thanks! Lynn

K J D said...

I think your envelope is delicate and pretty. When I read the word 'lavender' I thought how cool it would be if it smelt of lavender!

Karen

LynnF said...

Oooh, Karen, I can make that happen! That is a lovely idea! Thanks for stopping by!

indybev said...

It looks lovely, and I'm sorry scanning doesn't do it justice. That's so frustrating! Thanks for joining in this week.

Faye said...

So gorgeous, Lynn. I love the flowers in the corner. And I don't think anything needs to be darker. Just remember if you send a square envelope from the US, it costs extra to mail square letters.

Hermine said...

Gorgeous envelope

Eila A said...

Lynn, I like the composition of your envelope very much, and I'm sure it looks great "live" (I know that scanning very light pieces is tricky).

Deann said...

Lynn ~ This is so fragile and lovely...you do lovely stamp work..excellent.

Taluula said...

Well, I love it just as it is Lynn ...... nice and delicate and beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Sweet envelopes, Lynn!

Rosie said...

Well, I like your mail art very much! It's the kind of envie I'd doodle all over too!! =)

Jester said...

I love the delicate nature of your envelope, Lynn! It's delightful.

Netty said...

I love it as it is, so dreamy. Annette x

Femmy said...

gorgeous envelope!!

Ozstuff said...

I'm glad I am not the only one who has issues with Blogland!!
Lynn your art envelope is beautiful in spite of your scanning problems. Beware of addiction to the envelope!! It is such a thrill receiving them through snail mail.

Ozstuff said...

Lynn, as you probably know, I usually work in digital but I have recently started to buy some art supplies including a large box of Prismacolors which I use to enhance pale pictures. They make such a difference.
I love your Victorian piece. It is so elegant, soft and beautiful. I wouldn't change a thing about it.