Sunday, May 18, 2008

Oklahoma

I'm back from Oklahoma. What a surprise...I fell in love with Oklahoma. I remember having preconceived notions about California years ago, and then being overwhelmed by it as we drove across the state...well, the same thing happened as the plane touched down and I saw my son, Barry, and my daughter-in-law, Tammy and my new little Grandson, Gabriel. As we drove to their home, the whole area was just charming...beautiful, fresh, really wonderful....

And little Gabriel is just adorable. He's my snuggle bug. I'm very thrilled and proud of my son's accomplishments and my daughter-in-law, well, I drop the "in-law" part...she's a sweetheart, and if my son ever mistreats her, he knows I'll be after him. She, too, is accomplished...an analyst at Chesapeake Energy. Barry is a horticulturalist. That's pretty cool!

So, I'm making retirement plans. I was at loose ends...but now I've got plans cooking...going to start putting things in motion. Finally...it's good to have a plan! And here's my little Gabriel!

1 comment:

~*~Patty S said...

What a precious darling boy, both actually :) How wonderful for you to know they have such a sweet new family....baby makes 3!

Retirement, more time to play!